“The exaltation of big business at the expense of the citizen was a central characteristic of government policy in Germany and Italy in the years before those countries were chewed to bits and spat out by fascism. Fascist dictatorships were borne to power in each of these countries by big business, and they served the interests of big business with remarkable ferocity. These facts have been lost to the popular consciousness in North America. Fascism could therefore return to us, and we will not even recognize it” – Paul Biogini
“I vaguely remember hearing psychologists say there was a preponderance of psychopaths at the top – in the corporate and political worlds – a clinical absence of empathy being a benefit in those environments” – Pg. 11 the psychopath test
“Maybe you are someone who craves money and power, and though you have no vestige of conscience, you do have a magnificent I.Q. You have the driving nature and the intellectual capacity to pursue tremendous wealth and influence, and you are in no way moved by the nagging voice of conscience that prevents other people from doing everything and anything they have to do to succeed. You choose business, politics, the law, banking, or international development, or any of a broad array of other power professions, and you pursue your career with a cold passion that tolerates none of the usual moral or legal incumbrances. When expedient, you doctor the accounting and shred the evidence, you stab your employees and your clients (or your constituency) in the back, marry for money, tell lethal premeditated lies to people who trust you, attempt to ruin colleagues who are powerful or eloquent, and simply steamroll over groups who are dependent and voiceless. And all of this you do with the exquisite freedom that results from having no conscience whatsoever.” – Pg. 2 The Sociopath Next Door
It’s the morning of November 7th and the last bit of confetti has fallen into a half empty glass of stale champagne. The powerless awaken to the telegenic chatter of the punditocracy and vicariously bask in the pyrrhic victory of their paper champion, Bojangles Hobama. High above the valley below, unseen hands prepare to make the next move on the grand chessboard. Somewhere in Grifter heaven C.W. Barnum chomps a Cuban stogie and crows “ there’s a sucker is born every minute”. The American electorate has once again placed losing bets on a rigged wrestling match. “Vince McMahon presents Hustlemania 2012! In the blue corner we have Twit Romney, bearer of the white man’s burden and in the red corner we have your World Champion Duplicitor in chief Bojangles Hobama, The fascist minstrel. Choose your side ladies and gentleman… Honorary Krakkas and Default Niggas… get your popcorn cause this one’s gonna be a real slobber knocker! Don’t touch that dial! BOFF! BOP!! BING! BONK! ZOOM! Whoa nelly! Sports fans what a white-knuckle ride! With a one , two , three your winner Bojangles Hobama”… the crowd roars as the sign blinks “applause”. But who’s the real loser? Me and you…your cousin and your grandmaw too…
Bojangles first dazzled us at the 2004 democratic convention. His verbal footwork mesmerized one and all in a scintillating display of masterful oration upholding the hallowed tradition of righteous men capable of speaking truth to power for the voiceless. Black America beamed with maternal pride as the unseen hand patted us on the back and hissed “fine boy you have there”. From the ethers Nat Turner and John Brown whisper “that boy bears watchin” without nary a smile on their faces…
2007 the trap door opens and America is in free fall. The economic bubble machine runs out of steam and the great vampire squid slithers up from the red ink sea, wraps itself around our heads, sinks its fangs into our necks and begins to syphon lifeblood with ravenous glee. Endless wars, mortgage scams, felonious bankers, tax free elites and jobs waving to us from china combine to usher in a new depression. We need a hero.
Lo and behold! Who’s that moon walking in walking from stage left right on cue?! Why it’s Bojangles Hobama! My, my, my, mmm…mmm…mmm…. look at that boy dance, gliding from side to side, jumping up, spinning around and landing right in the middle of the road. Not too fast, not too slow, look at that boy go! And sing?! Whatchu’ say?! Listen to him croon those populist notes… “Health care for all”…. “End the wars” …“restore our civil liberties” …“close Guantanamo”…. “Tax the rich”…. “green jobs” .You gotta love him, just dark enough to be magical, But not black enough to be scary…Shiver-Shiver somebody just tip toed over Malcolm, Huey, and Martin’s graves. Noble Drew Ali pulls Fard Muhammed’s coat and says, “that boy bears watching” without the slightest hint of pride in his voice.
Bojangles’ fascist minstrel show began in earnest when he donned ideological burnt cork, Opened his Newport blackened lips and praised Ronald Reagan, the greatest dope slanging kingpin of all time and Freeway Rick’s sho’ shot connection for that work. Our boy asserted that good ol’ Ronnie
“Changed the trajectory of America…he put us on a fundamentally different path because the country was ready for it…..I think they felt like with all the excesses of the 1960’s and 1970’s and government had just grown and grown but there wasn’t much sense of accountability in terms of how it was operating. I think people, he just tapped into what people were already feeling, which was we want clarity we want optimism, we want a return to dynamism and entrepreneurship that had been missing”. Upon queefing this noxious blasphemy our bushy tailed coon was let off the plantation and blissfully eased on down the oil slicked road with a hand written pass from the unseen hand that read “Keep this nigger running” (Stoller, 2008)
The gate keepers winked, nodded and opened doors at every stop on the way…newspapers, television, talk radio, blogs, magazines, synagogues, barbershops, and country clubs buzzed with excitement and anticipation of a new brighter day heralded by the earnest negro from Chicago. A brisk whirlwind propelled Bojangles towards his manufactured destiny and before we knew it he stood before us, chin jutted triumphantly forward…. eyes focused on the distant horizon…ladies and gentlemen the President of the United States.
While the stupefied lumpen grinned and guzzled the $1.99 wine of hope and spare change, a one percenter in the VIP section yelled “take your hand outta my pocket man” the incensed Hobamites turned and began to shout the bemused heckler down as the wily Bojangles quietly exited stage right, wiped the painted smile from his face as the unseen hand passed him a fully loaded A.k 47. The lights went dim on the national stage as a murderous rat –a – tat- tat replaced the musical tap tap of Bojangles dancing feet.
The neo liberal kalashnikov barked death into the muzzle flash illumined faces of the betrayed audience of Blacks, Latinos, Asians, liberal whites, Po’ folks of all races, college kids and any body who ever pressed their nose up against the toy store window. The carnage was Old Testament biblical. While Al Sharpton and Michael Eric Dyson tip toe’d out the back door, Bojangles took aim and let the hammer smoke. Blacks seated down front were the first to catch the angry molten slugs as they tore through the faithful:
- Refuses to grant a post humous pardon to Marcus Garvey (Walker, 2011)
- Black American median household wealth falls under Obama when compared to Whites when he tool office it was 11 to 1. By June of 2012 it was 20 to 1 (Dixon, 2012)
- Approved the use of drones and cruse missiles to kill Black and Brown civilians including children in Yemen, Somalia, and Pakistan (Dixon, 2012)
- “Authorized the US military to take part in the invasion and overthrow of Libya, an African nation. This set the stage for the assassination of Quadaffi, one of the main funders if the South African ANC. Qadaffi had also been a backer of the African Union and was in the process of creating a gold backed joint African currency that would have freed African Nations from being dominated by the US Dollar (Dixon, 2012)
Bojangles kept his cold, bony trigger finger pulled as his chopper mowed its way through the disbelieving throng:
- Jailed and departed immigrants in record numbers – deported 1 million in his first term with no due process and after being housed for many months in privatized immigration prisons (Dixon, 2012)
- Enacted laws to allow the kidnap and detention of US citizens or of any nation on earth from any place on the planet for torture indefinite imprisonment without trial or murder them and neighboring family or bystanders at will (Dixon, 2012)
- Continues to fund indefinite Afghan war and keeps the Iraq war on and cracking through the use of Black water style mercenaries (Dixon, 2012)
- Covertly sent unknown numbers of US special forces into nobody knows how many countries of central Africa (Ford, 2012)
A pungent cloud of gun smoke covered the macabre tableau like a death shroud. Many of the wounded bled out among the corpses of those fortunate enough to have met death quickly. The sound of well-heeled wingtips sloshing in puddles of 47% entrails was pierced by the laughter of Watt St. ghouls rifling through the pockets of the fallen. An ill wind lifted the sulfuric veil revealing the horrific bounty.
- “Although he oversaw the biggest back bailout in US history Barack Obama has long rejected any bailout of homeowners… in the first two years of his presidency it was Obama, not the minority republicans who stood in the way of a bailout of homeowners, even as his administration and the federal reserve funneled trillions of dollars to Wall St…the Obama administration refused to spend hundreds of billions allocated by Congress for housing relief, until the program expired in 2010. The money was just sitting there, unspent – no republicans were blocking it – while five million families lost their homes (Stoller, 2012)
- “Obama … officially enshrined rights for the elite in our constitutional order and removed rights from everyone else…The bailouts and associated Federal Reserve Actions were not primarily shifts of funds to bankers: they were a guarantee that property rights for a certain class of creditors were immune from challenge or market forces…property rights for debtors simply increasingly exist solely at the pleasure of the powerful. The lack of prosecution of Wall St. executives, the ability of banks to borrow at 0 percent from the federal reserve while most of us face credit card rates of 15 – 30 percent, and the bailouts are all part of the re creation of the American system of law around Obama’s oligarchy” (Stoller, 2012)
- “Under Bush, economic inequality was bad, as 65 cents of every dollar of income growth went to the top 1 percent. Under Obama, however, that number is 93 cents out of every dollar. That’s right under Barack Obama there is more economic inequality than under George Bush… most of this shift happened in 2009 – 2010, when democrats controlled congress” (Stoller, 2012)
Four years of deception, broken promises, half- truths, and out right lies have left the American electorate dazed and on the dark end of the street asking Ray Charles for directions. Eyes swoll wide shut and rationalizing their misplaced faith and dashed hopes like a battered wife of a mean drunk blaming the alcohol for the continual beating she suffers. Once again the people have made the hobbsian choice between the Republican marionettes and Democratic ventriloquist dummies paraded before them as their only viable options, yet the unseen hand continues to pull the strings on the left and the right while serving up plenty of tumescent , veiny, rock hard Koch at the tea party. The next four years will be cruelly ironic for America as its first Black president oversees the final massive transfer of wealth from the majority white middle class to the nearly all white elite class while he simultaneously introduces them to their new status as freshly captured wage slaves. Welcome to Ayn Rand land. Low paying subsistence level jobs, Darwinian social mobility, systematic repression, police brutality, food insecurity, marginalization, mass incarceration, dumbed down education, titular civil liberties and wide spread poverty. Meanwhile up in the big house Bojangles dances for his supper while the rest of us queue at the back door for table scraps from the Wall St. feast. In our shiny new corporate fascist post racial America we are all niggers. Pass the hot sauce.
Take the RED PILL – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A
Bigioni, Paul. “The Real Threat of Fascism.” Home | Common Dreams. N.p., 30 Sept. 2005. Web. 03 Jan. 2013.
Dixon, Bruce A. “Top Ten Things That Have and Have Not Changed in the Era of Obama.” Blackagendareport.com. N.p., 20 June 2012. Web. 03 Jan. 2013.
Dixon, Bruce A. “Doing Us Proud: Black America Has Loss Its Moral Compass.” Black Agenda Report | News, Analysis and Commentary from the Black Left. N.p., 07 Nov. 2012. Web. 03 Jan. 2013.
Dixon, Bruce A. “Closer Than You Think: Top 15 Things Romney and Obama Agree.” Black Agenda Report | News, Analysis and Commentary from the Black Left. N.p., 29 Aug. 2012. Web. 03 Jan. 2013
Ford, Glen. “Why Did Obama Hold Back Hundreds of Billions in Housing Aid?” Black Agenda Report | News, Analysis and Commentary from the Black Left. N.p., 12 Sept. 2012. Web. 03 Jan. 2013.
Stoller, Matt. “The Progressive Case Against Obama.” Salon.com. N.p., 27 Oct. 2012. Web. 04 Jan. 2013.
Stoller, Matt. “Obama’s Admiration of Ronald Reagan.” Open Left. N.p., 16 Jan. 2008. Web. 04 Jan. 2013.
Walker, Karyl. “No Pardon for Garvey.” Jamaica Observer News. N.p., 21 Aug. 2011. Web. 03 Jan. 2013.